Sunday, July 1, 2012

July Reveal

As you can probably imagine, all of these crazy challenges have resulted in plenty of pictures and other memorabilia, and that’s just this one portion of my life. I love to travel and go to concerts, etc. so I have plenty of “scraps” lying around. I have the habit of putting them in my bedside drawer until the day that I finally have time to start scrapbooking. Well, I feel like that time is now. I mostly have that feeling because I can’t close my bedside drawer anymore . . . oops! I have made one scrapbook in my life, a whole book to document three wonderful months I spent studying abroad in England during college. Everything before and after that got skipped. Therefore, I have tasked myself this month with working on my scrapbooking project for about an hour every day. If I don’t do quite an hour, it’s not the end of the world, but if I get wrapped up in it and spend more than an hour on it, that’s okay too.


If any of you out there are “scrapbookers”, you’ll understand that it’s not a fun and games. This is an arduous process. I’m guessing there won’t be too many days of exciting things to blog about, but I’ll try and record a few blurbs every day, just to keep you updated. The first step in my scrapbooking process is to wade through the thousands of pictures I have stored on CDs and on my computer. They need to be labeled, categorized, and then backed up onto my external hard-drive (something that I probably should have done a long time ago, but I’m glad I’m finally taking the time to work on it now). After that, I will go through all of the pictures and scraps that I have and decide what should be documented and what can be skipped. Throughout that process I’ll probably make some sort of outline, and then spend way too much money at Walgreens or Snapfish or someplace getting lots of prints made. After that, the fun starts and I actually get to make some scrapbook pages (my husband already let me buy some awesome supplies to get me started). So, here we go, here’s to a creative and productive month of scrapbooking J

No comments:

Post a Comment