Saturday, August 3, 2013

2013 - Week 31

Hello everyone :)

Let's just start out by saying that I wasn't 100% successful with everything this week. For my exercise, for example, I simply went on a walk with my husband, and then went geocacheing with some friends. While that's all well and good, it doesn't exactly meet my strenuous exercise criteria, but I was so busy, so it's just going to have to do.

Also, I did not get nearly enough of my task of working on my pictures done, but I will make up for it next week (I hope). I have so many pictures from my trip I'm trying to get uploaded to Facebook, and I still have my scrapbook outline to flesh out with picture choices . . . let's just hope I don't get frustrated at the lack of quality pictures (because I was a dolt and deleted the good ones) and can get it accomplished this time. On the plus side, I won't run out of any project ideas for quite a while.

Lemon Crinkle Cookies
My new recipe this week was my one success story I think. My coworkers at my new job don't like cake very much, which often leaves me at a loss for what to bring in for treats. I recently discovered that one of them loves anything lemon flavored though, so I think that tidbit of information will help my treats be more well received in the future :)  She was the one who actually found the recipe for what I made, and I told her if she bought the cake mix, I would make these lemon crinkle cookies. The premise is very simple, but the recipe is not very well written. An 8 oz. container of Cool Whip is not 2 cups of Cool Whip, plain and simple. After reading the comments and not really being sure what to do, I just went with the 2 cups, and they turned out fine. The other issue I had was that she touted them as needed no oil or butter, but do you know what Cool Whip is made out of? That's right . . . oil. So apart from those issues, they weren't too bad. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you probably know that I am more of a fan of baking from scratch than using lots of processed ingredients, but this was a quick and easy recipe, and it was a request, which I can never turn down ;) They turned out pretty nice, only stuck a little bit to the pan, and tasted lemony. The texture was not my favorite . . . if you turned one of those gelatin lemon wedges (most commonly found in the "orange slice" variety) into a cookie, that's what these tasted like, but they were covered with powdered sugar instead of granulated . . . not bad, but not my favorite. They were a big hit at work though, so I'd say they were a success :)
Mmm . . . lemony
So that's all the news from here for this week . . . anyone else have any fun recipes to try? 

1 comment:

  1. There is an awesome recipe for "Lemon Bars" out there.....really yummy, but you have to cut them in squares and serve them up. Not as easy as a cookie
    MUM

    ReplyDelete