Saturday, August 10, 2013

2013 - Week 32

Hi everyone after Week 32 :) I hope all had wonderful weeks.

I went to yoga again at the new studio. I did a "yin" yoga class which usually entails holding poses to get really deep stretches. My hips hurt for two days afterwards . . . I didn't know I even had some of those muscles and tendons there to stretch.

I'm  nearing the end of my dream journal . . . I don't think I'll start another one, but it is pretty impressive that I've had enough dreams so far this year to almost fill the whole thing up. Lots of crazy stuff for sure, but it's not really helpful for anything, so I don't think I'll continue once this journal is finished.

For my new recipes this week, I made roasted cauliflower and sweet and sour shrimp. I added a bit less salt to the cauliflower, and I think it could use a bit less lemon juice as well, but other than that, I really liked it. It doesn't look very beautiful, but it sure tasted good.
Roasted Cauliflower
In the sweet and sour shrimp dish, I added carrots and broccoli in pretty large quantities instead of the peppers, cherries, and green onions, but I thought it was pretty good. It was not as spicy as I thought it would be for how much crushed red pepper is in it, but it was an easy and tasty recipe. (Sorry, I didn't get a picture of it)

So, why don't you go try out those recipes and let me know how you like them. I went to the larger farmer's market this weekend and got a giant zucchini, so expect at least one zucchini recipe next week :)
It was only $1 :)
See you then :)

p.s. My lovely friend Kerry shared with me the new quote that is the updated header to my blog . . . I think it is fitting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment