Saturday, July 27, 2013

2013 - Week 30

Hi :) It's time to get back into the swing of things after that nice long vacation. This has been another busy week trying to catch up with everything (including this blog and posting my vacation pictures to share with family and friends). I think we almost have everything put away at home now too, so that is a relief.

For my task this week, I did kind of a cheater hodge-podge of things including working on my Spanish by listening to Spanish songs and radio and trying really hard to figure out what they were saying, working on pictures and accumulating scrapbooking stuff, and even looking at some new knitting projects. Mostly just working on my pictures though, one of these days (I know I keep saying that, but eventually it's going to come true), I'll get to my scrapbooking.

I made a really yummy chocolate eclair dessert this week. It's something I've made before, but I've never divided it into one 13" x 9" and one 9" square pan, so it was sort of new (that experiment worked by the way . . . I just put ~3/4 Cup of the batter into the smaller pan and the rest into the bigger one and then eyeballed the other toppings). This dessert is pretty forgiving in terms of skill required to make it :) I didn't get any good pictures of it unfortunately, but you'll just have to trust me . . . it's really good, and very easy. Here is the recipe that I used:

1 Cup water
1/2 Cup butter
1 Cup flour
4 eggs
1 large pkg. (or 2 small) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 1/2 Cups milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 large container Cook Whip
Chocolate syrup

Bring water and butter to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in flour. Add eggs, beating well after each one. Spread into greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 400 F for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool.
Mix vanilla pudding with milk and cream cheese until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with Cool Whip. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Keep refrigerated.

It's just that easy . . . you should really try it right now :)

Another new thing I did that also counted as my exercise this week was to try a new yoga studio. It wasn't hot yoga, but the location was convenient and I got a great deal with Groupon, so I figured it was worth a try. That class kicked my butt. I didn't realize how out of  yoga shape I was. My muscles were shaking a lot and I even fell over at one point . . . oh well, I guess that means I was trying hard, right? I guess I shouldn't have started out after this long absence with "Power Yoga", but it was a good experience. I'm sure I'll go to more classes in the coming weeks (especially to make up for all of that chocolate eclair dessert I ate ;))

So that was Week 30. I hope you all had wonderful weeks, talk to you again next week :)

2 comments:

  1. Vanessa,
    That sounds like a recipe that was put into a "class room cookbook" when you were in 1st grade. It is a really yummy recipe. It was Kyle's Mom's recipe that she passed along!
    So glad to see that it still is a "Winner"! I'll have to tell his mom when I see her @ church.
    MUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's the same recipe . . . still as good as always :)

      Delete