Saturday, July 6, 2013

2013 - Week 27

Hello from Week 27. I am not writing this exactly after it happened, so I'm sorry if this isn't the most complete summary of what happened. Most of this week was spent in preparing for our vacation that occurred during Weeks 28 and 29. There was a lot of planning and packing and preparing to do, so we were very busy.

For my task, I'm still reading, and travelling made for a great time to read. It seems airplane travel is not what it used to be (a fun luxury) and now each little thing that used to be included, even a glass of water while in flight, is now extra :( That fact, combined with the children who were directly behind us and not even reprimanded by their parents once for continually kicking our seats (and even at one point hitting my husband on the head) during the duration of our flight, made for a very exhausting travel day. But that being said, I did get a lot of reading done, and once we reached our destination (Portland, Oregon), we felt much better.
Aww . . . look how cute we are (me and my brothers) :) All grown up. 
The happy couple
We got to spend a lot of time this week with my family and I had the pleasure of being a part of my brother's wedding ceremony. We also stayed in a very comfy hotel (they served soup and warm cookies at 5 pm, how awesome is that?) and I took advantage of their exercise equipment to complete my workout requirement for the week. Add in all of the walking we did too, and I think I more than covered my hour, but alas, we ate so much good food that my exercise couldn't keep up. Oh well . . . it's vacation, right?
And as for my new thing this week, well, there were just too many to count. But I would have to say going whale watching on the Pacific Ocean was definitely a highlight :)
Our first mate :) 
We saw whales, but I didn't get any pictures of them. We did see (and get pictures) of other sea life though :) 
Stay tuned for a more thorough tale of the rest of our vacation and more pictures next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment