Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Reveal and Knitting - Day 1

Yup, you read correctly, I’m going to learn how to knit. Yes, at one point I did know the basics of both knitting and crochet, but I was too much of a perfectionist then and my stitches got tighter and tighter as I was so concerned that I would mess it up, and then it got all messed up. So now I think I’ve grown up a bit and I’m not quite as concerned about making mistakes so I hope this will be a relaxing activity for me. I was having troubles deciding between knitting and crochet, but I decided to go for this because I was more in the mood for it at the time. Many thanks to one of my good friends for posting something about crocheting on my Facebook wall today and giving me the idea. I was originally going to do another musical instrument this month, but I was just not feeling up for it, so I’m much more excited about this knitting idea. I went to Wal-Mart tonight and got a few sets of needles and a skein of yarn. I looked at a few patterns and think I picked out a scarf to start with. Maybe I’ll go to the library tomorrow to get some beginner books. Hopefully I’ll have something warm before the weather gets too much colder! Wish me luck J

No comments:

Post a Comment