Monday, November 5, 2012

Knitting - Day 5

Today was a bit more frustrating than usual. Up until now, I had managed to stay very relaxed and enjoy what I was doing, but today didn’t work out that way. I just went back to the plain knit stitch (with the intention of learning the purl stitch today), but first I wanted to make sure that I was learning the form and handling properly. This book that I have recommends holding the right needle under your arm to keep it stationary and I am having so many problems with that. There has got to be a better way. They offer a few other alternatives, but they are no better. The easiest variation I’ve found is to rest the end of the right needle on my lap and that seems to work okay, but I still feel the need to move the needle, but then I drop it to wrap the yarn around the end and then pick it up again, and I guess that’s a big “no no”. I don’t drop the yarn which is a plus, but I just can’t get the proper form figured out. Maybe tomorrow I’ll try to watch some videos on how to do it or something because this book is just not cutting it. So I made a little progress knitting, but not really too much. Hopefully I’ll do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment