Monday, January 27, 2014

2014 - Book 5

"The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian" - Washington

Here I thought Washington would be the "Twilight" saga . . . oh well, I already listened to those in book-on-CD format, so it was good I didn't have to "read" them again.
This book was just okay for me. It was one of the only books I'd actually heard about on this list, so I was expecting a little more from it that it just didn't deliver. Perhaps I was just a little weirded out by being in the mind of a teenage boy, who knows? While I enjoyed learning about his life, family, and tribe, I could have done with less personal boy puberty stuff. So, I wouldn't recommend this book for a girl, but I could see boys liking it quite a bit. The cartoons in it were entertaining, but the story was over-all sort of sad. It wasn't a bad book, but not my favorite either . . . hopefully the next book I read will be better.

Sorry I don't have any recipes to share this time . . . I'll make up for it in my next post ;)

2 comments:

  1. I traf that novel with my 10th graders (mainly girls) in English class last year and they absolutely loved it. It gives them an idea of natives and their lives today

    ReplyDelete