Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 - Book 4a

"Dairy Queen" - Wisconsin
Okay, so I might be a little bit biased, but this was my favorite book so far. The bad language was at a minimum, there was no inappropriate romantic stuff, and not a single werewolf or vampire. Amazing, I know. It wasn't my favorite book of all time, to be sure, but I did enjoy it. It is a story about a teen girl who has to do almost all of the work on her family's dairy farm and a lot about her family dynamics. Oh, and football . . . a lot about football. It's written like she is speaking it all, and the author did use the word "annoyinger" once, which was well, annoying, and a negative in my opinion. For some reason, her voice in my head sounded like she had more of a southern accent . . . weird. But it was pretty good, and since I don't have any of the other books from the library yet, and my friend who lent me this book also gave me the other two in the series, I just might read those as well. 
We got a winner of a frozen crock pot meal tonight too. It was cilantro lime chicken tacos. Of course, they were improved with lots of avocado, salsa, and cheese in the taco shell, but the chicken mixture was pretty good. I had to add a little bit more salt and some southwestern seasoning to spice it up a little bit more, but it's a good base recipe. You could add whatever other seasoning you wanted and adjust the spice level to your taste as well. . . I highly recommend it. 

Until next time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment