Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2014 - Book 3

"Everybody Sees The Ants" - Arizona

Okay, this book was not so bad, but I still don't think I really liked it. The amount of swear words was off-putting, in my opinion. Other than that, it was at least a real story with morals and characters that seemed real, so that was nice. It even had some pretty good messages about standing up to bullies and being engaged in your family-life. I don't really get the whole premise of the ants that cheered for the main character and told him what to do, and it was a little odd (but fascinating at the same time) that he had dream adventures with his POW/MIA grandfather, but still, miles above that last book. 
Other than reading, I wanted to give you a crock pot meal update. I haven't had to make too many lately because of so many generous people (my mom especially) who made us lots of food over Christmas and New Years. That being said, I only really have one to report on: tortilla soup. It was not as good as the taco soup, but it had just the right amount of spiciness. It was a bit too watery, so maybe next time I'll put less water in it, but it wasn't too bad. If I had to choose between the two to make again though, I'm definitely making the taco soup. I'm getting excited to compile my next list of freezer crock pot meals to try . . . Pinterest, here I come ;) 

Hope you are all doing well . . . talk to you soon :) 

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for being included in your blog! I do believe that you have become a much better chef than I am.
    I've got a great "Navy Bean Soup" for you to try!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both make good things :) Let me know about the soup!

      Delete
  2. Well, I think you are both great chefs and are big inspirations to me with what you do in the kitchen. We finally had the chicken taco soup last night and loved it! Even the kids loved it! Tha recipe is definitely one to keep. I am looking forward to trying more crock pot meals this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara :) Glad to hear you loved the chicken taco soup as much as we did. I got a new recipe from our chili pot luck at work for a quinoa chicken chili that hopefully I'll be making in the next few weeks . . . keep an eye out for that one, I think you'd enjoy it :)

      Delete