Monday, November 18, 2013

2013 - Week 47

Hello from Week 47 :)

This week was full of unpacking. It's so nice to be getting settled in our new house. I did take some time to do some yin yoga to stretch out my muscles that were pretty sore from moving boxes around. It's just not as good because it's not in a heated studio, but it was still a good practice.

The following picture is of the first real meal we had in our house. It was the chicken broccoli alfredo crock pot meal that I prepped a few weeks ago. Overall, I would just review it ask okay . . . it needed more salt and some crushed red pepper and the sauce was very thin. The recipe said to "salt and pepper to taste" but considering the mixture contained frozen raw chicken, I was not tasting it, so adding it afterwards was okay. The second day we ate this, I put the sauce on the stove and thickened it with a cornstarch + water solution and it tasted better that way. The meal was rounded off with garlic bread and salad . . . not too bad :)
The better crock pot meal came later in the week with our first trial of the chicken taco soup. It was actually really good, just a slight kick, and full of good flavor and healthy ingredients. I added a bit of sour cream and topped it with some shredded cheddar cheese . . . yum. It was especially tasty scooped up with tortilla chis too :) I'm glad we have another frozen meal of that recipe to look forward to.

I did a little baking too and made some mint chocolate cookies from this recipe. I didn't really want to make cookies, I was more in a cake mood, but I had the chips to use, so I made them, and they were pretty good. Not my favorite (even though I do love mint chocolate), but good nonetheless.

Okay,  back to more organizing now . . . have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment