Saturday, March 30, 2013

2013 - Week 13

Well, Week 13 is over now . . . this year is just flying by. How was your Week 13?

Mine was very busy. Easter music practices and Holy Week church services kept me away from  home most evenings, so it was a bit of a challenge to get everything done, but somehow I managed. Strangely, I had very few dreams this week, I think it was because I wasn't getting very much sleep. Oh well, that was kind of a blessing because then I didn't have to spend the time in the evening to write them down. I did manage to keep up with my other journal and Bible reading though, and for my exercise this week I tried something a little new. I did the 20 minute Windsor Pilates work out a couple of times, did a little Wii Fit, but then started a FitSugar stretching routine. How to Do the Splits. Not that I really want to be able to do the splits, but my legs are not very flexible (they never have been) so I figured stretching was a good thing, and it helps with rock climbing and yoga as well, two things that I would like to continue doing in the future.

As for tasty things that I made, I (with the help of my husband) cooked up a batch of Gingerbread Caramel Crunch popcorn. It got devoured so fast that I have no pictures of it, but just picture regular caramel corn, with just a slightly darker color.

Another night, I was feeling very in the mood for Indian food, so I made chicken curry for dinner (this is my go-to recipe for that: Indian Chicken Curry II, although I make brown rice and add a bag of frozen mixed veggies) with some garlic naan (which I cheated and bought in the freezer section of my local Indian grocery store) and then mini cinnamon chai cupcakes to take to my work's potluck the next day. They turned out very cute and were a hit. I liked them quite a bit, but although there were lots of spices in them, they were missing the spiciness of the black pepper that is in the chai drink. Do you think I should be brave enough to try it again and add pepper to my cupcakes? I figure people put salt in their caramel, so why not pepper in my cupcakes? Thoughts?
Cute mini cupcake
Mmm . . . cinnamon chai
So that's it for this week, I hope to see you back here next week for more :) Let me know if you have any recipes or other challenges you think I should try :)

4 comments:

  1. For your food challenge, I think you should make pop tarts with me. Just sayin'. :)

    ~ Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND we could pressure Agnes into teaching us how to make samosas. That would be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete