Saturday, March 23, 2013

2013 - Week 12

Hi :) This post will hopefully be short and sweet (well, maybe not as sweet as some dessert filled weeks ;)).

I finished up some carry over task and exercise from last week and kept up with my daily tasks (which feel more like chores some days). For my exercise, I dug out my Windsor Pilates DVDs that I got brand new at a rummage sale for $3 this past summer. I had done the exercises before in high school, so I knew what to expect and I think it was a good workout. My task of cleaning out my external hard drive and organizing my pictures is going pretty well. I'm happy to announce that I think I'm almost done with this and can start organizing my "scraps" and working on my outline very soon. I may have said that last week, but I really am making progress :)

My new thing this week was to make some hummus. I used this recipe (Hummus) from Alton Brown. I visited my local Indian food store and bought real tahini (sesame paste) and I think that really made the difference. It made a huge batch, and as you can see, all of the chickpeas did not fit in my food processor at the same time. I mixed up as much as I could, then poured some of it out and mixed in the rest of the chickpeas. It worked out well and it was sure tasty. We ate a lot of it with baby carrots and then I placed the rest in a freezer bag, squeezed out the air, and put it in the freezer. I think it will work out okay, but we'll see when the time comes. It was pretty easy to make, so I would recommend trying it. Not as pretty as a dessert, but still fun :)
Too many chickpeas
I wasn't to sure about it after adding the tahini
But it turned out great and is really yummy with carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment