Saturday, March 9, 2013

2013 - Week 10

Hello everyone . . . welcome back for Week 10. Here is my weekly update:

All small tasks (dream journal, daily memory, and Bible reading) are still going strong. I didn't have as many dreams early on in the week, but by the weekend, I started having some more fun ones :) Exercising consisted of Wii Fit again this week . . . two 30-minute segments. I know it doesn't really seem like that much of a work out, but I try and make it as difficult as I can, so I think it still counts. As for my 5 hours of "task", I was still sick all week, so by Thursday, I had racked up a whole zero hours of task complete . . . oops. But, I drank lots of chai tea on Saturday (thanks to my lovely Kenyan friend) and managed to stay up late and get it all done. I worked on updating my photos and organizing / cleaning out my drive where all of the rest of my pictures are stored. Hopefully soon I'll be ready to start scrapbooking, I just have a few more folders to go through and then it's on to scrap organization and outlining . . . sounds like a good time, right? :) And now to the interesting stuff . . . my "new things" for the week.

First of all, I made a skillet "lasagna" (Weeknight Lasagna Toss). I am usually not that big of a fan of lasagna, but I think that is because of the ricotta and/or cottage cheese that is in it. This was made in my cast iron skillet and just had mozzarella cheese on top. I didn't actually have enough mozz though, so I made a four cheese blend: sharp cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, and colby jack, mmm, I'm glad I didn't have enough mozz . . . it was so tasty. I also used orange and green peppers instead of just green, and the recipe variation for regular lasagna noodles instead of the oven-ready kind. My husband and I decided this is a "make it again" recipe for sure :)
Skillet lasagna
Also, I tried my hand at my first risotto. It turned out really yummy. I just followed the recipe on the bag of Gourmet House arborio rice (Classic Risotto). I didn't have any dry white wine, so I substituted half diluted chicken broth, half apple juice, with a little lime juice thrown in too . . . I think it worked. The risotto was very easy and very good. I will definitely be making that again too :)
Rice with butter
Add the onion
Almost done
Yummy dinner :) 
Until next time . . . have a great week :)

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY!! I can't wait for you to make me your "Skillet Lasagna"! I never use cottage cheese in mine, just ricotta, mozz & parmesan.
    Hope you're feeling better! MUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ;) I'd be happy to make it for you when you are in WI.

      Delete