Saturday, April 6, 2013

2013 - Week 14

Well, Week 14 sure flew by too. I just don't know where the time goes. As far as progress though, this was a very good week.

For my exercise, I worked on pilates and stretches again, I'm quite enjoying that. My Bible reading and daily memory journal are up to date, but I only really had one dream all week. That's quite odd for me because I usually have dreams every night . . . I think it was because I didn't get enough sleep again. As for my task . . . drumroll please . . . I FINALLY started on my actual scrapbooking. I cleaned off my living room floor, took my bedside drawer out, and sorted all of my scraps. I know some are missing, but I have the majority of them (and the ones that I don't have, from about 6 years ago, are probably lost forever). I put them in order and made an outline of potential scrapbook pages. Then I went through the outline and referenced it with my photo archives and added more pages of events that I don't have scraps for. It's going to be so great. It was wonderful to get through those, and I'm really looking forward to picking and ordering prints next week :)
So many scraps, so little time
I had a few fun new things that I tried this week. First of all, since I have really only been baking or cooking for my "new thing" each week, I decided I should try to actually learn a new skill. I found this video on Pinterest: Curly hair video, and gave it a go. Considering how long it's been since I used my curling iron (probably best measured in years), I was a little shaky at using it, but I think it turned out okay. Next time I will have to try and get more body at the roots before curling, but it was very fun to have voluminous hair :)
Before
After
Back
My other new thing was a recipe. My friend T.J. has an awesome food blog, All Food Considered (I am so jealous of his awesome food photography skills), and I found a recipe on there that I just had to try. I really shouldn't share the address of his site with you, because once you go there, you might never come back here, but he has so many good recipes, photos, and tips, that it would be very mean of me not to share, so here it is: All Food Considered. And, if you haven't guessed, the recipe I tried was what that link opens to: Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. I personally love all sorts of cookies: big, small, crunchy, chewy, etc., but some people are very particular about their cookies (you know who you are). I have a go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe, but they aren't very chewy, and I was definitely in the mood for chewy, and these hit the spot. They are so easy too, and make big cookies . . . yum. I highly recommend this recipe, just try not to think about all the butter that's in them ;)
Mmm . . . chocolate chip cookie dough
Big cookies
Can't beat a pile of fresh chewy chocolate chip cookies :)
That's all for this week, see you all next week :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to curl your hair more often. It looks BEAUTIFUL! Though you look beautiful either way, of course. . .
    :)
    ~ K

    ReplyDelete