Saturday, June 8, 2013

2013 - Week 23

Well, here is my update on Week 23:

For exercise I'm still working on that Wii boxing game. I think I hurt my shoulder, but it's feeling a bit better now. My task has still been reading . . . it seems like kind of a cheater task, but I can't stop until I've finished these Hunger Games books :)

I made a couple of really tasty recipes this week too. First, Velvety Carrot Soup from the Penzey's spice catalog. I just blended the whole thing in the pot using my immersion blender, and I didn't add the half-and-half because it was creamy enough without it. We ate it with a side of garlic herb goat cheese on triscuits . . . mmm, now that's a meal :)

I also tried another variation on the Sweet Roll Dough from the Food Network Magazine. This time, I made the Poppy Seed - Lemon Twists. I must say, I'm not that big of a fan of lemon poppy seed things, but these gave the cinnamon rolls a run for their money. They were a bit time-consuming, but turned out really tasty, and if I do say so myself, prettier than the Food Network version :)
Ready to rise
Risen
Baked
Glazed in luscious lemony goodness :) 
So that's all that I have for this week, just wait until you see the fun I have in store for next week :) Talk to you then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment