Saturday, May 25, 2013

2013 - Week 21

Whew, Week 21 was a crazy one. I had something going on every single night. From parties to meetings to music practice, I was kept running all week, but it was filled with tons of fun things to tell you about too :)

First of all, I was kept late at work one day due to a fire alarm going off, but as it turns out, this was a good thing because on my way home, I saw that the Budweiser Clydesdales were right by my house. I ran and got my husband and we got to see the whole team hitched up to the wagon and everything, it was really cool. Also, the day before, I saw the Oscar Mayer "wienermobile" . . . how fun. Then, I got to see both of those things again later in the week . . . it was crazy, but fun. Seriously, how many other people have gotten to pet the Budweiser Clydesdales?
Just a bit of silliness :)
Big Horsie
My husband is 6' 7", just to give you an idea of how HUGE that horse is
We also go to attend a fun A Capella group concert, meet the group, and get their autographs . . . so all in all, it was a very exciting week.
To top it all off, I made the yummiest Cinnamon Rolls ever. I found this recipe for Sweet Roll Dough in one of the latest Food Network Magazines, and since there were six variations to make with it, of course I decided I had to try them all. I didn't have any whole milk, so I used a 50/50 mixture of skim milk and heavy cream. Also, don't forget to add the water! The girls at my work really love coffee, so I wanted to make the "Cappuccino Knots" for them, but I wanted to practice with the cinnamon rolls first, just to make sure the dough worked out okay. And oh boy did it work out :)
Awesome dough
Ready to roll
Before rising
After rising
Behold the masterpiece
Om nom nom :) 
You know you want to go make those cinnamon rolls now, right? Enjoy!

2 comments: