Saturday, May 18, 2013

2013 - Week 20

Hi, not too much to report from Week 20. For my working out, I did more of the Gold's Gym Wii boxing game . . . I'm still enjoying it quite a bit. I did made a few recipes, but nothing really spectacular. I tried Anadama Bread (a version of it as I've seen many) but it was not very good. I had to substitute milk for the nonfat dry milk + water, but that shouldn't have caused any issues. The amount of molasses made it a little bitter, in my opinion, and the texture was very strange, almost like a cross between bread and a molasses cookie. I didn't really enjoy it.

I also made two dinners, Pasta Primavera and Pizza Stuffed Chicken (the Pizza Stuffed Chicken link goes to another blogger who tried it, I couldn't find the original recipe online). I found that the Pasta Primavera was was a little bland and the sauce never thickened, so I think I would try a different recipe in the future. For the Pizza Stuffed Chicken, I used shredded mozzarella cheese, it was a bit messy, but tasty, and I also made my go to breadsticks (Quick Soft Breadsticks) and a salad, so it made for a decent meal. Both main dish recipes were good, but like I said, nothing spectacular. I think the best thing I did all week was to decorate more sugar cookies for a friend's retirement party. He loves beer and always insists people wear green shirts on Tuesday, so the Ganache Queen and I made beer mug cookies and green shirt cookies (she gets all the credit for making the cookies and royal icing, I just helped decorate). The shirts actually matched some of our friends' shirts perfectly, so that was really fun. I think he enjoyed the cookies and the retirement party was a success :)
Green Shirt and Beer Mug cookies
My friend on the left refuses to be on a blog, but I wanted to  show how close the cookies were :) Awesome. 
Hopefully I'll have more exciting things to tell you next week. Have a great week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment