Saturday, May 4, 2013

2013 - Week 18

Hi from Week 18. This year is sure flying by, and boy have I been busy lately.

For my task this week, now that my fun exercise challenge is done (although I did work out for about an hour this week, I literally ran to the grocery store, and then I spent the rest of the time "playing" a Jillian Michaels' Wii Fit game, I was not impressed, but my legs were sore the next day). I was planning on going back to scrapbooking. Unfortunately, things didn't work out quite as planned, and I spent all of my scrapbooking time working on my second job . . . planning the special music for my church. It seems to go in spurts when I have tons to do, and then it settles down for a while, but with school ending and all of our regularly meeting church music groups wrapping up for the summer, my job gets a lot busier. I have a feeling I might be doing this for my task next week too.

Speaking of, I've been thinking (this might be dangerous ;)), the whole point of these tasks was to get me working on things of value and not just wasting my time on Facebook, watching movies, or watching TV, and I think I've accomplished that. Now, it seems, the tasks are just making me really stressed out. So, I'm rethinking my commitment to it. Do you have any suggestions? Should I keep up with it, or just let the tasks come as they will? I can't decide. I still want to work on my scrapbook and knitting, etc., etc., etc., but it doesn't seem like I'm ever going to find the time.

Okay, so that was my musing for this week . . . now on to the fun stuff. This was a very long week for me at work that involved many new experiences (that I don't think I should share here . . . sorry). Because of that, I didn't feel like I really needed to make a new recipe, but of course I did anyways :) On Saturday I tried out two new recipes (and I must have really been in the mood for oatmeal): Oatmeal Cake and Oatmeal Bread. (Sorry, I couldn't find the original Penzey's recipe for the cake, but this blogger scaled the sugar back a little bit, which might be a good idea since it was so sweet). Both of these recipes came from the Penzey's Spice catalog . . . what other free catalog can you get that comes with such good recipes? Seriously, if you don't get it yet . . . sign up for it here :) The cake was a little too sweet, like I said, but not bad. Definitely not my favorite cake, but it was worth a try. As for the oatmeal bread, also a little too sweet, so I would scale back the honey a little bit, but it was leaps and bounds better than the whole wheat bread I made last week, that's for sure. It is soft and very tasty . . . I think it's a "make it again" recipe.
Oatmeal cake
Oatmeal bread
Okay, well I'm off to do some more music planning now. I hope you all have a great Week 19 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment