Saturday, December 7, 2013

2013 - Week 49

Hello from Week 49. I have to make this quick because I'm super busy in Christmas mode now . . . ah.

First of all, more Power yoga this week. It's getting easier (probably because I've been going every week) and I'm liking it more, even if I still wish it were warmer in the studio ;)

I made the bean soup recipe (one of my frozen crock pot meals) and it was another disappointment, I'm sorry to report. The beans were still a tad hard, the rice kind of disintegrated, and it was too salty for me. I think if it had gotten a chance to cook longer and the beans had gotten done it would have been better. I made two of those, so next time I'm going to try for a longer cook time and maybe add some more rice. I guess that's one of the issues with making the same freezer meal twice . . . if it's good you get to enjoy it again, but if it's not then you have to eat it again ;) I'm keeping tabs on which ones I really enjoy and when I do my next round of freezer crock pot meal prep, I'll make those again and discard the recipes for the others. And yes, there will be a next time . . . I've saved SO much time by not having to cook and just making these for weeks now. There have been a few other things I've cooked here and there, but I've been spending a lot less time doing it these days. I don't think it will work out so well in the summertime when we don't want to be eating hot soup every night, but on these chilly winter nights, having a hot meal ready when I get home is awesome :) If you'd like to try it, check out my blog here for the recipes that I made, and if you have any freezer crock pot meals that you love, please share them because I'm trying to put together a list of recipes to try next.

My new thing for this week was that my husband and I got our first real full-sized Christmas tree now that we have a nice house to put it in.
The proper way to carry a tree ;) 
Our tree :) 
Isn't it lovely? I hope you and yours are enjoying the excitement surrounding the upcoming Christmas season and remember to keep Christ in Christmas :) See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It's beautiful! I'm so happy to see all of the colored lights! Have you gotten your Christmas ornaments from our attic??
    MUM

    ReplyDelete