Saturday, April 14, 2012

Running - Week 2


First of all, I will apologize again for being so behind on my writing. I promise you, I’m writing my current entries in Word format and will be able to post them much quicker, I just needed to get these running blogs written first. Things have been crazy around here, I just switched positions at work so that’s been hectic and time-consuming, and blog writing has just been lower on my priority list than many other things . . .sorry. Anyways, without further ado, week two of my running challenge.

Neat statue at the entrance to the cemetery
Day 8 – Well, today was our first day of two mile running, and amazingly, it was a really nice run, the closest to enjoying running that I’ve ever come. We were both well “fueled” for our run thanks to a nice couple from church who invited us over for Easter dinner. Happy Easter everyone! There were fewer hills on this run, and we had lower humidity and cooler temperatures . . .what a nice day.

Day 9 – Today we reversed yesterday’s route per our usual protocol. It was very windy, and that made today’s run much more difficult. We managed to cut a bunch of time off of our total, mostly thanks in part to my husband pushing me to run a little faster today. One odd thing though: after all of that running, all of me was warm with the exception of my wrists . . .weird.

Day 10 – Brr, it was cold outside today, only about 40 F. I put on extra layers to keep warm. I was really rather tired today too, and I did not want to go running, but of course I did anyways. I’m one third of the way done with the month now (but who’s counting) ;)

Beautiful cemetery tower
Day 11 – Church run today! And by that I mean that we had to be up at church because I had a meeting and then later we had choir practice, so in between those two events, we went for a run around our church’s neighborhood. We had a rather funny incident when we were finishing up our run and we were sprinting to the church doors just as another couple we are in choir with was approaching. Usually choir practice is at 7:00, but it was pushed back to 7:30 and we finished running about 7:10. This other couple looks at us with alarm and says, “Did you think there was choir at 7:00 tonight too?” because they thought there was no choir but then realized there was and thought that they were late, and perhaps we were late too . . .oops. Overall, it was not a bad run though; it was a nice area to go running in.

Day 12 – Running was definitely more of an effort today than usual, perhaps because I knew I had so much to get done at home that I didn’t want to take the time to go. We have a busy weekend ahead of us that I need to get ready for. Anyways, running through the cemetery today was my favorite part of the run. It’s always peaceful there, with no traffic and usually some nice sunbeams in the sky or off the beautiful memorial thing . . .I took some pictures so you can all see how pretty it is. These were taken a little too early in the day to really capture the sunbeams, but it is still a lovely place for a run.

Day 13 – It was very windy again today, and I think attributed to our slower run times. I was planning on today’s run being a morning run, and getting up to go before work in the morning, but I stayed up too late last night making cakes . . .hmm,  now doesn’t that sound familiar? ;) The run today was just okay.

Day 14 – Today we went running in Illinois. We were visiting some friends there for the weekend, so we took a little time out of our visit to go running around their neighborhood. He is a Vicar (practice Pastor) at a local church and the congregation has let them rent this very nice house in a lovely golf course community. It was a good place to run. I am sure going to miss this two mile distance . . .that is long enough! The weather was rather pleasant today; spring is back J
Any Latin scholars out there care to translate this for me? 

Well folks, there you have it, we managed to run two miles every day for a week. We squeezed it in even when we were super busy, or out of town, and I’m pretty proud that we managed to make it this far considering how much of a non-runner I was before. Not saying that I’m a runner now, but I think my heart is getting in better shape. Below you will find my chart of mile times and heart rates for this week . . .I wonder what next week will turn out like?
Week Two Running Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment