Monday, January 19, 2015

End of 2014

Well, unfortunately, for the first time, I didn't finish my challenge :( But I did successfully read 35 of the 50 books on the 50 States of YA Literature list, plus a few others for the series books that I just HAD to know what happened. If you've noticed I haven't posted for a little while, it's because I was finishing up the last two books of the "Starcrossed" series by Josephine Angelini. The first book was by far the best, and I was really hoping they would make a movie out of it. By the time I got through the third book though, it was so "out there" that I can see why movie makers shied away from it. Not as great of an ending as I was hoping . . . things got a little too weird for me . . . but I still really enjoyed the series.

Now that it's a new year, I would usually be starting a new challenge, but I do want to finish up the 50 States of YA list. I do kind of have an idea for my 2015 challenge, but it's rather boring and not work blogging about . . . taking care of all of that adult paperwork stuff that no one wants to do but everyone really should. Things such as putting together a will, creating a stellar budget spreadsheet, and figuring out all of our insurance and investment information and getting it all consolidated in one place so we know where to go to look for our information. See, boring but necessary. If you have any tips for me, feel free to share.

One lesson I think I learned this year is that life is too short to spend your time reading books that you are not interested in (unless, of course, it is an assignment and you have no choice). But reading for pleasure is a great pastime, and just trying to read all the books off a list is not always the best way to go. There are so many books out there, I'm sure you'll find something that you are interested in reading :) I've already started a list of books I really want to read, and I want to go through  my multitudes of books and read the ones I haven't read yet too . . . that will be a more fun challenge.

So, there is my summary from 2014 . . . lots of books, lots of recipes, and now on to 2015. My husband has decided that we should try and not eat so many sugar-laden desserts, so hopefully I'll have more healthy recipes. I doubt I'll be able to completely quit making desserts though, so there will still be some now and then. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's holiday season and are well on your way to accomplishing lots of fun new things in 2015.

1 comment:

  1. First off, most of us do not accomplish the goals we set for ourselves because we dream too big. You have done an amazing job providing your readers with honest book reviews and yummy recipes. We all have looked forward to reading your updates whenever there are published. It's not the quantity, it's the quality. Keep doing what you do best, and please keep the info coming!!

    ReplyDelete