Monday, September 15, 2014

2014 - Book 25

"White Cat" - New Jersey

I had a difficult time getting into this book. It had a very abrupt beginning . . . if that makes any sense? I felt like I got thrown into something way over my head and I wasn't eased into the story. Once I figured out what was going on though, it was a pretty interesting book.

"White Cat" follows a boy named Cassel Sharpe, as he navigates his way through boarding school and family drama as the only "non-worker" in a family of "workers". In this society, some people are born with a gene that allows them to do a certain kind of magic (luck, emotion, transformation, death, etc.) just by touching someone else. Therefore, everyone wears gloves. And the magic has consequences too . . . Cassel's grandfather is a death worker and for every person he kills, he loses a finger. It a very corrupt society with heads of worker families running the show like mob bosses. It wasn't a feel good book with a happy ending like I usually like, but it was still interesting. I didn't like it at first, but once I got into it, it was rather fascinating. It really makes you think what it would be like to live in a world where your dreams might be more true than your memories. Whoa . . . deep, right?

For the recipes to share this week, I have zucchini bread with crunch topping and roasted summer squash.
Neither recipe was earth shattering, so I don't really have much to say about them, but they were both very good. Easy and tasty . . . good kinds of recipes to have on hand. Give them a try :)

Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment