Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013

Hi again everyone, and Happy New Year :) I hope you all enjoyed my 2012 posts and I'm hoping you're still looking for more fun challenges. I will try not to disappoint you, although the set up for this year will be a bit easier on me and not quite as challenging.

Here is the plan:

Essentially, I am looking to complete the challenges that I began in 2012 but never finished. These include: knitting a scarf for my husband, making a scrapbook, and finishing my children's book. Additional tasks will be added such as: continuing to work on my Duolingo (Spanish), new knitting projects, organizing/cleaning up my iTunes library, and organizing my myriad of recipes. To accomplish all of these tasks, I'm setting aside at least five hours a week to devote to a task. This format gives me much more flexibility for which days I need to work on my tasks and if I'm sick, or really busy one day, I can have a much needed rest day (that I never had last year). Each task will be worked on until it is completed, but I am allowed to switch if I really need to.

Also, there are smaller tasks that I will be doing every day for the whole year (and you'll have to keep me accountable to these all year long . . . I hope I can keep something up for that long). These include: reading at least one chapter of the Bible every day, recording my dreams from the previous night in a dream journal, writing down a short summary (or the most memorable thing that happened that day) every night, trying at least one new thing per week (this will probably be in the form of trying a new recipe though ;)), and exercising at least once a week. My job is more sedentary now and if I don't force myself to do it with this, I will probably get really out of shape (or just become a slightly more squishy shape ;)).
So, that's the plan. My husband has agreed to join me this year, but his tasks include: practicing guitar, working on house designs, writing a novel, starting Duolingo, exercising, and others yet to be determined. I'm pretty excited about this plan, and looking forward to a productive, but hopefully less stressful year.

Anyone else want to join in the challenge? I would love to hear about things you'll be working on. Regardless of what you are up to, have a safe and blessed new year, and I'll keep you updated (probably about once a week) on how all of my tasks are going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment